Thursday, December 2, 2010

Beer snoB

     I am not a financial superman by any stretch of the imagination; this doesn't mean I can't have standards. I am considered Beer snob/connoisseur by my family and friends because I refuse to drink trash. I never drink beer from a can, and I will never drink: Budweiser, Miller, or Coors. I drink beer for the taste and arguing that Budweiser, Miller, or Coors make great beer is to argue that McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's make great burgers... They DON'T! So when I show up at a function with a 12, no wait.. 11 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (or something) I basically brought it for myself. This sets of an incredibly predictable wave of events:
1st. I get the comment: "you always get the expensive stuff"... This would make sense if it didn't usually cost the same.
2nd. I get the: "that's pussy rich-boy stuff"... This is usually uttered by the winner with ketchup on his shirt who brought Keystone Light; immediately after saying the kind words, he grabs one of my "fag" beers and leaves. (every f-ing time... without fail!!!)
3rd. "Is Pale Ale beer?" You guessed it... I hate everyone I know!
             
              I also never claimed to be a genius, but apparently knowing the difference between Pale Ale and Lager, beyond the taste difference, fits the criteria. Which brings me to this conclusion: nobody expects the guy in the Motorhead shirt to know anything. I know this stuff because I am cursed with the inability to enjoy things on a base level. If I am to like something it must become obsession Whether it be music, movies, cars, video games, or beer. I do understand that this is all relative and I am not on a crusade to save your palette from the sewage you ingest. It's just alarming how many times I receive the answers "I don't know" or "because it's cheap" when someone tells me they love Bud Light... Those aren't reasons... They are excuses!

Lex

No comments:

Post a Comment