Thursday, June 23, 2011

Muscle Car Madness.

I went to a RAD car show last weekend (photos on Facebook: LexWattz…), saw a 1971 Pontiac GTO Judge a 1973 Boss 302 convertible, and a few dozen other drool producing muscle machines. Many beautifully restored pieces of American engineering on display. It was the “manliest” activity I’ve participated in all year. Not saying girls can’t love muscle cars (the coolest ones do!), but the smell of carburetors burning gas and the sound of high powered V8’s roaring and rumbling is a manly thing. I felt like I was gonna bump into James Dean or Johnny Cash at this thing. Truly this was my scene, nothing sissified or sugar coated, it was Loud, Hot, Smoky, Dirty, and BOSS!! An event in-which the Hollister crowd was out of place instead of me, if ya catch my drift... Also seeing cars that deserve to be coated in flames and have awesome wheels was a nice change of pace. There were a few jokers, but they were smothered by the real deal.
Another reason to love these cars, aside from aesthetic beauty, is they were built for driving only. Not to survive crashes, help you find where you are going, assist you with parking, dial your phone, or even to be comfortable. Huge engine + breaks + tires + seats + frame = GO!
Keep your fads… Muscle Cars and Rock n Roll will never stop being cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment