Saturday, January 15, 2011

Peeling tar off my soul.

         This is the first day in a long while I was up before noon. I’m not a huge fan of mornings, and even less a fan of being awake. What’s the point of being awake if it’s 15 degrees outside? This level of boredom is dangerous, and sad. I could run to the mall, or get coffee, but I’d just end up back here. I have all the video games and movies one needs to be the coolest 7th grader on earth, but these only cloak the feeling of emptiness for a short while. The thought of turning on the TV makes me want to vomit and cry. I shouldn’t be complaining. But I am. This is boring. I’m just waiting on the platform for the train. A butt-load of activity is approaching the platform, but it’s not here yet. I take no solace in being able to see the train. I flick it off because it’s not here and it’s slow. I just want the semester to start now and I've never wanted to do homework so bad in my life. Nothing to do now but wait and be cold.     

              I am over the “September to remember”, now I must re-find the path. Being a gentleman I will move on sans tirade and childish name calling. I made mistakes and that’s all there is to it. I learned so much and will not lose the lessons learned. To say I’ve never felt better would be disrespectful and untrue. I learned that I am capable of love, the feeling of being in love is the fucking incredible, and losing love should come with a $20 million dollar government check to ease the pain. Truly it is the contrast between heaven and hell! Yet with a dead heart and a shit-stained soul I sit here awaiting my next challenge. I await the seasons change both outside and in my soul.

Lex

Stats
9 seasons
512 home runs
Comments... Hopefully the next team isn’t as bipolar!

No comments:

Post a Comment