Monday, January 17, 2011

Pink Floyd is the answer.

       I've been asked on many occasions why Pink Floyd is regarded as my favorite band. I never really had a great answer for that question. I think it's because as I grow more worldly and sophisticated the messages in the music also evolve. 15 years ago I would have agreed with you if you said Comfortably Numb is about drugs. Today I would argue that it's a heart wrenching description of a point in a man's life when the fire of childish optimism and wonderment has died, leaving him an assimilated, soulless shell.

   It is refreshing to listening to something again for the first time.


                      I am well aware I am (probably) not the only person on the internet saying something like this. I just find it comforting that my experiences and scholastic endeavors have given me the faculties to discern new meanings from the things I loved as a youth. It is proof that all my years of screwing things up and struggling have produced something tangible in me. Reminders like this are much appreciated and give me the encouragement to keep trying, keep evolving, and to never loose my inner-child.


LeX

No comments:

Post a Comment